Monday, December 04, 2006

Let heaven and nature sing


Sat. Dec. 2nd- Tonight is Randy's Annual Christmas concert.
For the past 15 years his Christmas concert has become a tradition for many around the city as they start the Holiday season. I'm excited and nervous... and anxious to tell you all about it... more later.

It's 11 PM, I'm tired... but so grateful and filled with such peace! The concert was awesome... such a blessing! During the concert, I had this moment where I was totally in the moment... I looked over at Randy as he was sharing and I thought, Lord, you have Your hand on this man and I can't believe I know him, that you have blessed me with this man as my husband. I could hardly sing at times, I was so moved by the music, the lyrics, the powerful message. I had another moment where Shawn is doing this amazing guitar lead on "The Angels Sing" and he is cookin big-time ... and I am bursting with pride, and for a brief moment I remember that I am his Mom, and not just this huge groupy! He's so stinkin good! I am so thankful to have been a part of such an event... and get this... I got to share it with my whole family! Yes, we are all involved in the band... Miranda is on vocals with me, Shawn on lead guitar, and Tyler also sings background vocals. Randy even wrote a song a couple years ago for our whole family to do... it's on his "Through Different Eyes" CD. OK, enough said, I'm really tired now... I'll be posting pics when I can see straight.






Thank you Nancy for taking such great pictures at the rehearsal the Thursday night before the concert. The last one was taken the night of the concert. Love em!

3 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

nice pics ... really sorry I missed it ...

Nancy said...

What a special time for you and your family! Thanks for sharing the pictures... I'm sure the concert was a blessing indeed.

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

I am always amazed at the power of music. So often I find myself tearing up at the simplest worship songs that are done well. Music always seems to bring people together and creates lasting memories. When my husband and I got married, my dad played his guitar and sang as he walked me down the aisle. A few hours before our ceremony my dad aked me if he could sing another song during our ceremony. He sang a song while my husband washed my feet in the ocean water - one of the most precious moments of my life. I'm so glad you are able to enjoy such powerful moments with your family as well.