Thursday, March 08, 2007

*more lady banks rose pics

One of my very favorite plants bloom in March. And it's happening... right now!
The Lady Banks Rose was planted over ten years ago. In the Guinness Book of World Records the largest rose bush in the world happens to be the Lady Banks Rose in Tombstone, Arizona. This rose bush was planted in 1885 and covers an area of over 8000 feet and the base of the trunk is around 12 feet in circumference!! Be sure to click on my link and check it out for yourself! I'll be posting more pics as she continues to burst with more blooms! Doesn't it almost seems like they do that... like I should be able to hear the blooms pop open! My Lady never ceases to amaze me with her beauty!


8 comments:

Sandy said...

I love all the fun info you share on your blog!
Spring is right around the corner from us. My bulbs are coming up!
Happy Day, Linda!

NanAZ said...

I like that rose. We may just have to put one in our yard. Does it drop a lot of leaves or petals? I'm wondering how it would be near the pool.

Nonie said...

It is beautiful! I lived in Sierra Vista and never went to see the one in Tombstone...

Boxwood Cottage said...

Hi Linda,

I have never heard of this rose before, very interesting, thanks for letting me know! You are so lucky to have such a big and beautiful rose @ your entrace!So your winter is definitely over lol well I think there never is a winter @ our place of the world!Still 3 month to wait here until my roses will bloom again! Thanks a lot for your lovely comment about my pictures too! Carol xox

Nancy said...

WOW, I am amazed! I wonder if they would grow in NC. I love stopping by and learning new things. Have a great weekend!

MariaJ said...

Lucky, lucky girl to have this wonderful rose. My garden is still covered on snow but you know what. Its melting!!!!

Tracey said...

A 12' trunk? On a rose? That's one tremendous plant!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.