Tuesday, July 24, 2007

crazy corduroy Christmas quilt


One of the things I noticed while watching our home movies is that for several years I covered our couch with a colorful old vintage quilt during the holidays. It made our family pictures so fun and festive. But because it was old and hanging on by a thread, it only lasted a few years. I actually thought as I watched those Christmas videos, that I needed to be on the look out for a Christmas colored quilt to cover our couch (say that 3 times real fast)! during the holidays.
Well, I went to my little thrift store on Saturday and found the perfect holiday quilt! Take a look at this beauty! It's a corduroy crazy quilt with red flannel backing!! It is sooo soft and thick and heavy. The colors are brilliant and vivid and bright. And check out the hand stitching! It should withstand years of wear 'n tear, as we're hoping to fill our home with grandchildren someday! Oh and for only $10.00!! (everything was half-off!) I know! I know! I even make myself sick!
What I'd like to know... who in their right mind gets rid of these works of art!



Btw, Randy and Miranda finished the HP book 2 am Monday morning. At one point, I walked in the living room just as Miranda had burst into tears... then I burst into tears (cuz I always cry when someone cries)... and then after some consoling hugs they resumed reading while I resumed organizing my craft supplies.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That quilt...ROCKS! If you ever get tired of it, I call dibs. What a perfect Christmas quilt for your couch!

Angie in AZ said...

Congratulations on your new purchase! And hey, you have to get Miranda to peek at this blog:
http://claudinehellmuth.blogspot.com/
She put Harry Potter glasses on her dog and it's a scream! The scary thing is that this dog looks good in the glasses! LOL!

NanAZ said...

Great quilt! Miss you guys...we're on the way to the Redwoods today. Got in late last night, so didn't have time to post. hopefully tonight...

Sandy said...

I'd love to cuddle up in that quilt, Linda! :)
Sandy

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that is the perfect quilt. you are so blessed with all you awesome finds I wish we could go together and maybe your luck would rub off on me!love ya kristen

Gina said...

Such a lovely quilt! So sorry about the tears, I'm getting nervous though, I hope Harry stays with us.

Amy said...

wow lovely quilt! That's something I'd never find in our local op shop.

Becca said...

love it. love it. love it! It looks like it's in great shape too. I was just telling James we have to get rid of one or two of our quilts 'cause we have so many! And they're all so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

They better have this kinda stuff there when I go on sat. Wanna meet at like 9?

Jolene George said...

What a neat looking quilt. Love it!

Natasha said...

Really, $10, that is incredible and makes the quilt even more precious. I am always amazed at what people get rid of but I am a big nostalgic-nut.

Your tears story made me smile,just yesterday someone was telling me soomething difficult for them and the minute they started to cry my own water works turned on. To think I am a psyc major how will I council anyone and not bawl right with them?

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

Unbelievable find for $10, that quilt is gorgeous!!! I think I would have tripped on my feet running to grab it...LOL :)

Lizzie said...

I am wondering all about that quilt- was it made from children's scrap clothing? Remnants of fabrics from other quilts? As it seen many Christmas seasons, too?

Its lovely, and will look wonderful at Christmas. And how nice to have a soft quilt to snuggle up to while watching all those great Christmas flicks!