Sunday, July 22, 2007

rulers & measuring tapes


How cute is this! Click here and read all about it. Found this little beauty at a yard sale last weekend for 25 cents. The aqua tape measure with bright yellow on the other side is my new fav. Oh and do you see the other aqua tape role? Made in England and the numbers are ginormous. (yes! finally used that word) They were both found in a bag of notions at Savers.


I have always had a thing for rulers, yard sticks and measuring tapes. This was a pic that I posted several months ago.


Then I found this! I got sooo excited cuz I had only seen this fabric in primary colors. But then my sister Ginny asked me to keep an eye out for the black and gold ruler patterned fabric and there it was! at my favorite fabric store in Phoenix! The Sew and Vac at 35th Ave & Northern! AND I was able to use my 40% off coupon!


While the gal was measuring out my 4 yards she pointed out the word "Penney's" imprinted on the fabric. Oh my gosh! Can you see it?! Are you seeing a pattern here? Pardon the pun, but remember the Penney's pattern? And then Natasha commented on that very post that she has a piece of blue check gingham with the word "Penney's" imprinted on it, that she thinks would look awesome as the backing for that framed pattern. I was like, Natasha! Are you kidding me?!
Hey, are you thinking what I'm thinking... yup, new collection... vintage Penney's memorabilia!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS FABRIC IS EVEN BETTER THEN I REMEMBERED CANT WAIT TO USE IT FOR MY PROJECT TO MY CRAFT LOFT. MAY NAME IT STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN-NO JUST FUNNING-FUN OR CRAFTING. ANY OTHER IDEAS?

Angie in AZ said...

OMG, surely there is a 50 step program for you! You have more collections than any person on the planet! I'm surprised you don't have to collect houses to put all this stuff in! You totally crack me up! And since I know you and hear you when I read, you have me laughing every time you post! I hear your giddy excitement over tape measures, rulers, and fabric! However, I shop at Sew & Vac and I understand the feeling... the first time I went there, I had to leave within 15 minutes because I was so overwhelmed I felt dizzy! LOL! Anyway, I love you and I love all your little collections. When are you going to visit me on your lunch break or something? My kids start back to school soon so we could have some fun time! Heck, we can skip lunch and hit Savers! :)

NanAZ said...

Cool stuff, Linda! Always fun to see what new things you discover. How are you finding the time, now that you're a working girl?

Amy said...

That's a very cute holder for all your sewing knick knacks, awesome find!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

That is really neat fabric, Linda! Never seen anything like that before. I can see that going in an office or study somewhere. It's very different.

I just picked up a free yardstick this weekend. I'm always needing one of those!

Rhoda

Natasha said...

Linda I am with you on the ruler yardstick love!! You have given me an idea!! I have a crock sitting empty by my front door, i think it is waiting to hold a yard stick collection! I already have two thats enough to start isn't it?. Uhoh Wait I have three boys under 10yrs old will they mistake my collection for ninja swords....hmmm