Wednesday, August 27, 2008

odds 'n ends





Ain't she's a cutie! I love putting anything on a pedestal. So, that's just what I did, along with some pretty pins.









These are all IKEA containers except for the Berry Sugar Rim Trim container. The packaging was just too cool to throw away.


I am continually trying to creatively camouflage my boring sewing chair... and recently came up with this. I know, it's probably only temporary... but then again, it may stick. It's a pink vintage crinoline. I couldn't resist.


And finally, one of my favorite finds... the gravy boat or maybe it's a creamer. Anyway, I adore the design on the outside and the aqua on the inside just sealed the deal. Underneath it says Salem for 60 years ovenproof 58 U. Oh how I would love to find the other pieces to the set. And someday, I'm sure I will.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I love the petticoat on your sewing chair. I have made chair pockets for my students classroom and found that they will hold maybe the latest patterns or whatever project you're working on. PS> the pink cup with the bumpy handle...it goes with the dishes called ...crinolyn! It comes in pink and aqua. Love the gravy boat.

Jan said...

Hi there! I'm finally catching up on all my blog visiting! Love your odds and ends! Happy Anniversary to you! Emolyn is growing so fast! Can't believe she's 6 months old! I looove waffles too. AND I love your new do! So cute!!
Have a beautiful week!

Lisa & Gerald said...

Hi1 My name is Lisa demars Im from St.Thomas Ont Canada I found your Blog from Danny Seo! What a great guy! Well I love your blog Iread a few blog post love the old vintage things that you have
Stop by and say Hi!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Jewels said...

My sister and I were going through some dishes of our mothers. We found what I would call a serving plater that matches your gravy bowl/creamer. Do you have any other information on it. You can contact me at trans4mingu@gmail.com. Thanks