Friday, October 10, 2008

pin cushions & totes


The sewing sisters are at it again! Ginny & I had so much fun making thread catchers and tote bags and notebook pads! Actually, I made them and Ginny cheered me on. She is the best craft instructor ever!
I made the two thread catchers on either side of Ginny's thread catcher. I'll be taking them back to Phoenix and filling them with fine sand. So Nancy, take your pick!


My friend Nancy chose the fabric, so that I could make one for her 50th birthday. I am so pleased that I was able to work the ruler design salvages into the tabs of the thread catcher.


Ginny is getting ready for a craft fair and this is just a portion of her inventory.




Last October I made my first tote bag while visiting my sister. It is now a tradition. So I made another one this year. I am in love with this darling tote bag! I brought the fabric with me from Phoenix cuz it's leaves and fall and would make the cutest bag. And it did!
Don't you love the vintage button Ginny found in her massive button collection!
Thanks Ginny!





I made the bag all by myself, except for the yellow yo-yos. Ginny made them. She has been making yo-yos since she was a little girl. She can whip em out much faster than I ever could.
Take a look at her latest pin cushion! Love how it matches my new bag.



6 comments:

Miranda said...

Oooo I love the bag!

Judy said...

I love your projects...especially the thread catchers. Is there a pattern...or is it freestyle? Great idea!

Sandy said...

You're always thinking of something, girl! Welcome home, btw!

Decor To Adore said...

What a great idea, I love it.

I am on post #99 so stay tuned. :)

Nicole T said...

What a great bag! And the thread catchers look good too! What a productive time at Ginnys! I am so jealous. I need to craft!

NanAZ said...

By the way, THANK YOU for the awesome thread catcher!!! I love it and can't wait to use it.