Saturday, February 07, 2009

flat & funk-y

I am in such a funk.
For whatever reason, I have had no desire to do much blogging as of late. But it occurred to me that if this is truly an online journal, then I have some catching up to do. See, whether I feel like it or not... I need to record not only the fun but the funk-y times.

So ya, just feeling kinda flat. Could be all the changes going on... illnesses among friends and family... death of a friend... Miranda being sick... and so far away... concerns about our parents health... work related stuff... the depressing economy... burdened for my husband's work load... just being overwhelmed with life in general.

So, this would usually warrant a much needed road-trip. Don't know what it is, but the mere act of driving away from my environment almost immediately opens my eyes to a clearer perspective, better insight... and my attitude changes dramatically! It's like I have been given a bird's-eye view and everything suddenly makes sense.

Well, instead of a road-trip, I took Koda to the dog park this morning. To clear my head. To get out of the house. To realize that~

~ I want to better balance my time between indoor activities... outside activities... social gatherings... and work.

~ I want to be more intentional about processing my life with someone else other than just my husband.

~ I want to spend more time in my cozy cottage creating... sewing, scrapbooking, photographing, sorting buttons & fabric (oh ya, very therapeutic), etc.

~ I want to be quiet before the Lord and hear His voice.

~ I want to live in the moment, instead of looking ahead to the next thing.

~ I want to be a better friend, wife, daughter, mom, mother-in-law, grammy, sister, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, employee, cook, communicator and manager of my time & money.

~ I want to truly live the life I love... or is it, love the life I'm living? Whatever the case may be... they both work for me.

Have a great weekend. I know I will. Rain is on the way!

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Yesterday my daughter made a post saying the same thing - - - she's been "flat" about blogging lately too. Early February slump?

The buttons in your photo remind me of my mom's button box. My sister and I used to LOVE to play with it - - - besides buttons there were some empty wooden spools in there too. We used these to create little villages all over the dining and living room floors - - - especially on days when we were "snowed in" from school.

Today kids "need" electronic gadgets - - - but buttons and spools worked just fine for us!

Hope you climb out of your funk soon.

Amy T Schubert said...

you should come visit me!! I can't offer you a bed, but I can offer you the beach and the Getty Center and Menchie's ...

oliveoyl64 said...

I like the way you described exactly how I am feeling. Nice to know I am not the only one feeling flat and funk-y.

Things will look brighter!!!!!!

NanAZ said...

Hey friend, I've been going thru some down times too. Not exactly funky all the time, but definitely feeling like I'm not using my time well. I hate to say it, but I'm feeling like my technology involvement (blogging, facebook, etc.) is sometimes keeping me from experiencing "real life". I need to be more intentional about deciding how to spend my time. I would love to process with you any time that you need someone to talk with.

Terry and I were talking about possibly going on a day trip on President's Day (next Monday) and we'd love for you guys to join us. We haven't decided where to go, but thought about maybe even going to Karchner Caverns. Let us know if you want to do something.

Anonymous said...

I'm having the same feelings. We're about the same age, so I think some of it is age-related.

Life seems easier, too, when you have all your chicks under the same roof and your parents aren't so aged. My daughter has been in her own apt. for a year, now, and my dad is in failing health.

Certainly all the fears regarding the economy and loss of jobs isn't helping any of us to feel optimistic.

~elaine~

Nancy said...

You are not alone in your "flat & funk-y" situation -- common at this time of year, and especially so with this year's economic news. I am encouraged by your insightful statements, and need to do a life inventory myself.

When the world seems to be spinning out of control, our hope remains in the Unchangeable One.