Thursday, July 09, 2009

dreaming in the desert


So I'm dreaming about my cozy cottage in the woods... I wake up and realize I'm living in the desert, it's 110 degrees and I could severely burn my feet if I don't wear shoes walking to the mailbox. Oh, the dangers of living in the rugged Southwest.

So anyway, a girl can dream, right? This is the log home of my dreams (below) that Randy took a picture of while they were back in Wisconsin. They were wanting to sell this very one to Randy for $7000.00! I know, if we only had land to put it on! This is a much smaller version of the one that my brother Ron had built 4 years ago. (above pic) It took about a year for the Amish to build Ron & Deb's cabin. When it's done they fold it up, load it on a flatbed truck, deliver it and set it back up in one day. It's gorgeous on the inside. The craftsmanship is impeccable. And come on, look at that porch! I want a porch to sit out on while it's raining. Is that too much to ask? And do you have any idea what it sounds like when it's raining on a metal roof? Like hail! Only without the damage. A lovely, gentle rainfall. That's what I'm aching for as I sit in my closed-up, air-conditioned home in Tempe, Arizona. Rain. A porch. A good book. Cup of coffee. And my handsome husband. End of rant.

3 comments:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Can I come sip lemonade on the porch with you when you find a spot to put it?

:)

J.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh yes, my son says it will be 116 on Sunday. It's like you get your cabin fever in July. Cindy

Natasha said...

I too dream in cabins! The ones you pictured are amazing!