Wednesday, September 02, 2009

final CO highlights

This is it folks. The last posting on our CO trip.


Nancy & I had our very own concert one night while our guys were jammin on old tunes. Couldn't pass up the perfect photo op either. These guys are so stinkin' good! And come on, we're talking Paul Simon, Gordon Lightfoot, Eagles, Elvis, Neil Diamond, Creedence Clearwater, to name just a few. Definitely my kind of music.


And then one night we got to watch the World Premiere of Miranda's last two videos that her and Phoebe shot throughout Europe. You can watch them both HERE. So fun and entertaining! Cracks me up that no one seems the least bit aware of why they are dancing. Or they could be thinking "must be those crazy Americans and their shameless shenanigans".



And then... I invented a game. I really did. I named it the Water Bottle Smack Down. The point of the game is for the half-filled water bottles to smack together while being tossed back 'n forth to your partner. It took us quite a while, to time it just right, for the bottles to finally hit. And the best part, both teams are winners when the bottles make contact. My kind of game.
(you may need to enlarge to see the water bottles being tossed)

3 comments:

NanAZ said...

Fun times Linda! I could spend days listening to the guys jam. I just LOVE it! And Miranda's videos were so fun. I was telling Jenna Thrush that she should watch them. I'm glad you remembered the name of the game. I knew it was "Water Bottles" then something that started with an "S" but couldn't for the life of me think of the word. It was amazing how long it kept everyone busy. So easy and fun. Just goes to show that you don't have to spend money to have fun.

I'm sad to see that it's your last post on CO. We had a great time with you guys and would do it again anytime. Next time maybe we'll do southwestern CO and check out the Silverton Train, etc.

Amy T Schubert said...

re: water bottle smack down ... not sure you can mock Miranda for her "American shenanigans" :)

Sandy said...

HI LInda, you just have TOO much fun!

Peeking in to say hi! :)