Tuesday, March 02, 2010

kitchen remodel- part 1


This is the kitchen I have known and loved for the past 15 years. And had it not been for the flood, it would have remained that way. BUT, that would not be the case. This past weekend we began our kitchen remodel.

So, I would like to record a few facts before we bid farewell to my old kitchen.
~ it is pretty much the same as when the home was built back in 1979.
~ we did remove the cabinets that hung over the counter on either side of the sink and reinstalled them as end-caps on either side of the galley kitchen. (Pyrex collection to the right/ glasses to the left)
~ Randy installed sheets of glass inside the two upper cabinet doors. I love that look.
~ Randy replaced the fluorescent lighting around the sky light, with track lighting.
~ Oh, and Randy installed my German-made faucet, that requires it's own special post in the very near future. Heck, it cost more than my first car!


Ok, so we're on our way. No turning back. And at times we wonder what we've gotten ourselves in to and pray, God help us.
Oops, forgot to put away the frozen turkey left on the counter after unloading some heavy freezer items.


My handy handsome husband is doing all the demolition and well, what can I say? He's amazing and talented and just the best husband ever!

SO, are you in for the long-haul? Cuz I plan to blog about the whole kitchen transformation. And I would love for you to come along for the ride. Hang on, it could be a wild one, with a lot of twists & turns... but I'm thinking blogging just may be the only way I will get through these next couple months. So stay with me.
I'm gonna need you.

5 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

does Randy want to come live for us awhile whenever we buy our fixer upper home?
Free food every day!
xo

Unknown said...

I can't wait to follow along! I want to redo our kitchen this year (more minor changes--new counters, painting the cabinets) so I'm eagerly looking for info about How to do it and what to expect.

I have a friend whose dishwasher leaked in November and they had to gut their kitchen as well. I was just over last week and it is GORGEOUS!! It made me covet a little. ;) I know it has been hard for her to be without a kitchen for months and months (especially over Christmas) but I think the finished product is worth it to her, and I think yours will be as well!

Karen said...

Okay... we expect frequent updates. You are in for a big ride. So exciting. I can barely remember what my old kitchen looked like. How nice to have a handy husband.
Hugs,
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Can't wait. Maybe when it is done, I will come see it in person!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Linda,
I am sorry we weren't able to get together, but hopefully next time we will. Time flew this time as I was mostly busy helping my son and dil get things done in their new home. I can't wait to see your kitchen re-do! It will be a pain but it will also be exciting and worth it in the end. Hugs, Cindy