Tuesday, August 10, 2010

yikes! another flood

Ok, it wasn't all that bad. More like a major leak. But I'm telling you, it's getting old. Since the Great Flood of '09, I have acquired a disorder that professionals refer to as post-traumatic-stress-associated-with-all-things-water-syndrome. Seriously, I am forever checking for water leaks and always anticipating the worse. So last week when I was on the floor in my craft room, sorting through old pictures, my arm happened to brush against a king size fitted sheet that needed mending... and it was completely soaked. And then I touched the carpet in the closet area and it was completely soaked. Oh. My. Gosh. Not again! So I ran to call Randy and proceeded to FREAK OUT!
Long story short, the bathtub plumbing was leaking and over time soaked a portion of my craft room and also the bedroom on the other side of the bathroom. Wouldn't you know, the one place I couldn't look under for leaks. But it's fixed and we didn't need to replace the tub or the carpet or anything. Just pipes. Thank God, because we do NOT see a bathroom remodel, or ANY remodel for that matter, in our foreseeable future.


SO, as you can see from the pics, I had to unload everything from the closet shelving so we could remove the carpet and prepare for the worst. Well, they ended up cutting a hole in the drywall on the bedroom side to repair the pipes, and we were able to put things back together after the carpet & pad had dried.
All to say, I'm starting to wonder if these floods are happening because it's an opportunity to weed out, down-size and purge my possessions. Cuz as you can see, I have a lot. In fact, I have watched enough of that Hoarders show to know that I was potentially heading in that direction had it not been for these unfortunate floods.

Anyway, I am weeding out and I don't feel sad, cuz I'm finding things I forgot I had.
Those should seriously be lines in a country song or something.
Or at least said with a country twang.
Or maybe not.

2 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I can hear the hit song now...don't forget to add the line about fellow bloggers who are in denial!!

Vivian said...

Yikes is right! I'm glad it wasn't worse than it was. What treasures did you unearth?