Monday, November 22, 2010

homemade applesauce


I love my job!
Every Thursday I work at the Mom's Day Out program at our church.
My dear friend Kathy is the teacher
and she is truly the most gifted teacher I have ever worked with.
And the kids simply adore her.


My granddaughter Emolyn loves Teacher Kathy!
She also loves curly apple peels.


A few weeks ago we made homemade applesauce in the classroom
and I'm not kidding you, it was the best applesauce ever!


Clic the pic to enlarge the recipe. 
I think what made the recipe extra awesome-
Kathy purchased a variety of apples
(Gala, Granny, Delicious and Rome)
and using my apple/peeler/corer/slicer made for small, even slices.


Oh my gosh, seriously the best!
Nothing better than warm applesauce.
Ok, so maybe adding a dollop of whipping cream on top.


I'm thinking I need to get me one of these 
Maybe I'll ask Santa for Christmas.


And who do you suppose Sophie and Elizabeth are looking at?


That would be Emolyn,
who devoured her cup of applesauce!


I am so thankful  that
I get to pour my life into these adorable little kiddles every Thursday.
And thank you Kathy!
I will leave you with one of her many amazing teaching tools...
that she made!


No, those are not french fries.
She cut up a sponge from the dollar store!
What a fun clever, counting tool! 

4 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

So cute Linda!
And that applesauce looks excellent!
It's freezing rain here this morning. I want snow, I hate this rain.
Hugs Friend,
Cindy

brandi76 said...

Grandma Larson taught me to make applesauce when we visited during the fall of 2001. It was the best!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast!

Do Assignment Help said...

Wow! Great post, in fact I was searching for this type of post for a long time and I found yours. Amazing post and I think that I don’t need to read this type of post anymore because you describe here everything relevant to this post. As you are providing information from your blog, just like you I am also available to provide information about Online assignment help. I have an education related website and with my website, we provide information and help for students who need assignment help. Basically we live in Santa Clara, California USA but we provide online help worldwide. So contact us for any type of assignment help.