Saturday, January 01, 2011

a perfect scenario

1/1/11
~ Welcome 2011 ~

I was home alone the other night and the unthinkable happened. 
A perfect scenario began to unfold before my very eyes.
All the necessary components fell into place and it was good. 
Very, very good.

Let me set the scene-

~ split pea soup simmering on the stove ~

Umm, lest you thought that spiral ham on Christmas Eve was the end-all... 
well, you would have been sadly mistaken.
It was just a precursor to the much-anticipated split pea soup... that's all.

~ a roaring fire in the woodstove to warm the cockles of my soul ~

Seriously, I do not like the sound of a heat pump heating our home.
I like the quiet warmth of a woodstove.

~ the constant pitter patter of rain ~

We had rain all day and all night. And it was heavenly.

~ curled up on our cozy couch with a blanket and a good movie ~

And that movie would be the 4 hour BBC miniseries "North & South".


I loved every single second. So beautifully filmed. So well done.
I want to see it over and over again.

~ The End ~

4 comments:

Mindy said...

We're going to watch that today! But, without the soup and the fire, there's a burn ban in our area. But, it's past noon and I am still in my jammies, so I expect to really enjoy every single second, also!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Happy New Blog Year!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That sounds like a great evening Linda!
I need to get your phone number too. (I forgot)
See you soon!
Happy New Year to you!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect storm...