Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thursdays with Emolyn

Emolyn & Elsie's Mommy recently went back to work after 3 months of maternity leave. She works as a nurse every Thursday now and two Saturdays a month. Elsie is cared for by Nicole's Mom and also a friend that lives near the hospital that Nicole works at in Phoenix. And Emolyn comes home with me after the Mom's Day Out program that I work at every Thursday morning at our church. Emolyn loves going to preschool and spending the rest of the day with her Mimi & Pop Pop. Her Daddy (my son) works in Tempe, so he picks her up when he gets off work at 6. And of course, he cares for his daughters on the Saturdays that Nicole works. I know I've said it before, but Shawn & Nicole really are the best parents.




I love my Thursdays with Emolyn. She talks non-stop all the way home from preschool... and says the darnedest things. She is so entertaining. And so adorable. And I love her vivid imagination. We pretend all day.
I plan to share some of those darnedest things now and again on my blog. So, here goes.
I'm always calling Randy Pop Pop or Daddy in front of Emolyn. Well, she finally confronted me last week and said "Mimi, he's not Pop Pop or Daddy! He's Randy! Call him Randy!" And she could not be more right. I needed this reminder. Even from a two year old :)
Yesterday she told me she was going to marry Pop Pop because "I like him so much Mimi". So I said "I love him!" And then she replied all serious and dramatic "And he's so beautiful!"
Oh how she makes me laugh.

4 comments:

Dianna said...

Children can say the cutest things! I'm really looking forward to your future posts with some of Emolyn's comments!

Dianna
www.thesedaysofmine.com

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh my goodness how she has GROWN UP since I first saw her here on your blog!

Miranda said...

my favorite is that she and I tell each other secrets in our ears and say things like "I love you" and "I love you too". Last week she told me she had a secret for me, and she grabbed my face and whispered in my ear, "Aunt Miranda, Pop-pop is very special."
Hahahaha... She is my favorite almost 3 year old niece :)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

She's adorable Linda!
What a fun little personality she has, I bet you two have the best time!
Hugs,
Cindy