Monday, April 15, 2013

Oilcloth & Pyrex polka dots


Polka dots are the thing this Spring! 


So when I found this old type writer table at my local ARC thrift store for $5.00,
I just had to have it. It was covered in this crazy, ugly contact paper that I ripped right off before I could even take a before pic.  
It's a quality piece ~ sturdy and rolls easily and smoothly. But I mainly bought it because I could cover it in my favorite piece of polka dot oilcloth from SAS.


I have never found a piece of oilcloth bigger than 1/2 yard at SAS, so I am always on the lookout for smaller surfaces that I can cover in my treasured oilcloth.
I used my very favorite oilcloth piece {Cath Kidston} at my daughter's wedding reception HERE.


Oh my gosh, don't you just love it!!!

I decided to adhere the oilcloth using heavy-duty masking tape, rather than staples.
I want to be able to remove the oilcloth down the road, without damaging one single inch of this luxurious piece of oilcloth.


Come on ~ I couldn't do a polka dot oilcloth photo shoot without my polka dot Pyrex nesting bowl set! It took me decades to find these three pieces. I don't shop eBay and antique stores, and will only pay a buck or two for any of my Pyrex. That's why it took me so long.
You can see my Pyrex collection HERE
And yes, I know there's a green bowl, but I prefer to only stack these three. And I don't particularly like that shade of green with these colors.


I found these polka dot melmac plates at a thrift store a few years ago.
They're not old, but have a vintage feel to them. I love them!


We take them along when we go camping in our Cozy Cottage on Wheels.

I'm linking up with lots more creative blog posts here ~

2 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Love, love, love it Linda!
You are the queen of good deals.
I want to get some oil cloth to cover some cushions with.
How perfect are your pyrex bowls with this and those oh so cute plates!
I have always been into polka dots and checks, so glad to see their in again!
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Darling...you can't go wrong with polka dots...
Call me sometime ok???